Friday, August 7, 2015

Five on Friday [8.6.15]

What. a. week.  School started with a bang on Monday, combined with the summer tennis program wrapping up, the boy's tennis season starting, and just plain 'ole life in the middle.  Ready for some rest and relaxation this weekend.  Ha.  But before we get to that or, if I'm being realistic, least attempt to relax, here's this week's Five on Friday:

ONE
I've been enjoying fresh mint tea from the garden.  It couldn't be simpler, and tastes so much better than the bagged version.


TWO
Have y'all tried to roasted garlic kiolbassa from Costco??  They were the perfect solution to an impromptu dinner with a couple of my brothers.  Paired with caramelized onions and peppers, cucumber and tomato salad from the garden, and corn from a local farmer, it made for the perfect summer meal.  (Sorry, having too much fun to take a picture.)  It's in the refrigerated section.  Yum.

THREE
I shared a little about PKL The Cellar this week.  If you haven't checked them out, you need to.  Their finds are fabulous!!

PKL the CELLAR  Parker Kennedy Living


FOUR
With my crazy schedule at the moment, I was thrilled to eek out a third meal from my crockpot BBQ chicken.  Cooking once and eating three different meals certainly works for me right now!  I also shared my thoughts on these new lunch containers.


FIVE-- Funnies
A friend sent me this link to funny notes kids' "parents" wrote in anticipation of the start of school. 

The note from this parent, whose name is an "M" with a fancy star.



Have a wonderful weekend!!!

 April 


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...