We haven't yet used it to steep tea, which is a favorite, so I decided to brew a pot for a little afternoon treat and dry the rest for later use. It couldn't be easier and tastes so much better than premixed tea bags.
Fresh Brewed Mint Tea
- Snip several stems fresh mint.
- Prepare tea pot (Simply fill with hot water and let set for 5 min).
- Heat additional water in kettle on stove.
- Empty tea pot of water used to prepare the pot. Fill with fresh mint and new hot water.
- Allow tea to steep. Sweeten to taste with honey.
Drying Fresh Mint
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Trim mint of any yellowed leaves, wash and pat dry.
- Arrange mint, stems and all, in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- "Bake" until leaves are dried completely.