Thursday, August 27, 2015

DIY Oatmeal Packets

During my meal prep bonanza last week, I whipped up some quick DIY oatmeal packets while I was at it. It's not that it takes that much time to make a bowl of oatmeal, it's that for me, in the morning, every minute counts!  Making the packets myself rather than the ready made ones from the store enables me to adjust according to my taste.  This time I added brown sugar and cinnamon. I also enjoy them with dried fruit like cranberries and sometimes nuts.  The sky is the limit, throw in whatever sounds good to you!



DIY Oatmeal Packets
Ingredients (per packet)

  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1 t sweetener of choice (I like brown sugar)
  • pinch of salt
  • any additional, optional add-ins, such as dried fruit, nuts, cinnamon
Put ingredients into baggie or container of your choice.  I'm seriously considering putting ingredients into mason jars, marking a "fill line" on the jar with a Sharpie, as a store, cook, and eat option.


When ready to cook, add 3/4 cup water, microwave for 2 minutes, and enjoy!

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...