Queso Baked Tacos
Slightly adapted from original recipe found here
- 1 package taco shells (we used the stand up kind and they worked well)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 8 oz Velveeta, cut into chunks, plus 2 or 3 additional chunks, if needed
- 2 T chili powder (less if you don't want it quite as spicy)
- 1 t. paprika
- 1/4-1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Saute chopped onion in skillet in a touch of olive oil until translucent. Add beef and cook through.
- Drain beef and onion mixture.
- Return to pan and add seasonings, mixing well. Continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and Velveeta. Cook, stirring, until Velveeta is completely melted.
- Stuff taco shells and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- We served with lettuce, halved grape tomatoes, corn, and refried beans.