Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Five [4.8.16]

Woohoo!!!  It's Friday!  It's been quite a week.  So excited for the weekend.  No big plans, just some little projects at home and little outings with friends.  Pretty perfect, if you ask me.  Now let's get down to this week's five....

ONE
Last weekend Hubby and I knocked out some spring cleaning.  I have decided from this point on I will only use Mrs. Meyers Honeysuckle spray.  Y'all, it smells heavenly, it doesn't give me a headache, and it really does a nice job cleaning.  Win, win, win.  I shared a couple other tips I learned earlier this week.

TWO
Asparagus has been on sale lately and Hubby and I have enjoyed this dish a couple times in the last few weeks.  Asparagus, chorizo, croutons and all in 5-10 minutes....what's not to love?



THREE
Before Mother Nature decided it might snow this weekend, I was gearing up for summer and ordered my very favorite Korres body butter.  I confessed it yesterday, but it's just too good not to share again.  Plus this morning I discovered the "luxury collection" is currently on sale at Sephora.



FOUR
Unfortunately, Indianapolis was in USA Today this week -- and not in a good way.  This gentleman has been selling brooms in our area for 60 years.  It was kind of disheartening to hear he would no longer be welcome at the post office (and believe me when I say it confirmed my already low opinion of my neighborhood branch).  However, I was thrilled as the week progressed by the outpouring of local businesses volunteering to have him at their businesses and schools (including my alma mater).  I guess there still is such a thing as Hoosier Hospitality....I only wish that part had been included in the national new, too.

FIVE
I leave you with a little third grade boy poem.  I couldn't quite figure out what was prompting all the giggles.  Boys will be boys.


Wishing y'all terrific weekends!! Today I'm linking up with:


Happy Friday!!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad others rallied around to help the man out. And, oh my, boys will be boys! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness our state did extend him some hospitality! My son is moving to Indianapolis for college in August! What a fun Friday favorites I just love that Korres body butter too and o,aced my Seohora order today!! I hope! You have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needing to start my Spring cleaning and love your tips...must try the honeysuckle scent and asparagus is a favorite! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honeysuckle spray?? Sounds amazing! I always make my own cleaner, but I need to give this a try for sure!! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to try that asparagus dish! I am such an asparagus fan. And it's been on sale lately near us too! If only I could find a way to get the kids to go for it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the meyers products, but I've never tried the honeysuckle one! Picking that up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...