Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Five [Superbowl Edition]

TGIF!!!  So very happy it's Friday!  I have about 42 different projects about halfway finished, that I'm anxious to tackle and complete, if for nothing else than to just get the house back in order.  I's also part of the reason I've been MIA this week.  More on that later, though.  For now, here's this week's Superbowl five (or in this case, six):

ONE
We're Peyton fans in this hive and will be rooting for him on Sunday.  Would absolutely love to see him go out on top.  He has done incredible things for the city of Indianapolis and we will always be grateful.



TWO
Aside from cheering on Peyton, the Superbowl is all about the yummies.....Thinking about setting up a chili bar with all the fixings.  This is the perfect quick chili that really takes no time to come together.  The topping are endless: cheese, sour cream, green onions, chopped onions, avocado, tortilla strips, oyster crackers, jalapenos, you name it.



THREE
These BBQ chicken sliders would also be a great main course.  They're made in the crock pot, but still pack a punch.


FOUR
Although those are both great main course options, I'm really all about the apps.  I could seriously make a meal out of them and be perfectly happy.  This edamame salad with black beans, feta, and cilantro, can be a side dish or pair with tortilla chips and you've got an incredible appetizer.


FIVE
This jalapeno popper dip packs all the flavors of a jalapeno popper into an easier eat version of the classic.


SIX
Although beer is the "given" choice for football, I know some ladies who just don't care for it (although admittedly I'm not one of those girls...).  This easy mojito is awfully yummy.  (I just wish it was that lush and green on my back porch right now....).



Wishing y'all terrific weekends!! Today I'm linking up with:


Happy Friday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm jalapeno popper dip and mojitos! My kinda super bowl :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait for all this delicious food this weekend. A chili bar sounds fabulous - I love any kind of party bar - I think were doing Nacho bar. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...