Friday, September 18, 2015

Five (or Eight) on Friday [9.18.15]

I can hardly believe how quickly time is going by. Seems like summer just started, and yet here we are September already flying by speedily.  Boo.  Here's this week's "Five" on Friday (although since I missed last week, I'm including extra...)

ONE
I was thrilled to contribute to sweet neighbor J's brunch with a homemade scalloped watermelon basket.  They're easy, yet still lovely, at least I think so.


TWO
I whipped up a little Cherry Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake, too.


THREE
I'm preparing for the colder weather downloading lots of books from Book Bub.

FOUR
My Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins visited last weekend from Arizona.  We hadn't seen each other in seven years.  It was terrific to be together again!


FIVE
Hubby and I have had a rough month (or two) but have the greatest friends.  Sweet friend BM (who was actually Brother #3's first grade teacher!!) brought us the most delicious loaf of cinnamon raisin challah bread with a kind note that although it is not our holiday, she's wishing us all the best in the new year.  To make it even more special, it was from a local bakery in my mama's hometown of Memphis.  So very kind.

SIX
I raided the pantry and freezer to come up with this Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Capers.  So glad I didn't feel like going to the store.

SEVEN
I finally broke down and mixed up an "Italian Seasoning" mix.  I don't understand what tripped me up about that for so long, but I'm glad I finally bit the bullet.
EIGHT
Hubby and I celebrated our anniversary!  Time sure flies when you're having fun.

My favorite part of this picture.....if you look carefully, right in between our two heads in the background, you can see my mom's best friends celebrating.  Yes!  It's over.  Ha.  They lovingly stepped in to help me with the wedding plans, something for which I will always be grateful.

Thank you for stopping by for this week's Five on 8. 
Wishing y'all wonderful weekends!!
 April 


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...