Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Snowflake Wreath DIY

I always get a little sad after taking down the Christmas decorations.  The house feels so cozy and homey with them up, and while I like trying to put things in order and freshening it up for the new year, everything just seems a little lacking.  Considering we've had snow and extreme frigid temperatures, I thought a large snowflake wreath would be the perfect addition for the front door before the Valentine touches go up.  It was an easy project, and I'm delighted with the results.


Supplies:
Directions:
  • Make three lines of 5 craft sticks glued together end to end.
  • Make an "X" out of two sets of sticks.
  • Place third set of sticks across the middle of the "X".
  • Arrange the remaining craft sticks into the desired design of your snowflake. (This took me a while to finally decide on how I wanted it to look.  Not to mention the fact that Hubby kept asking if I needed a tape measure or ruler.  Clearly he felt as though I needed one since I was just winging it....I know it's not perfect, but think it's close enough!)

  • Top with wooden circles at intersecting points, using a larger circle for the center.

  • Working your way from the top down, glue sticks together. (I debated and debated on how to do this most efficiently while still keeping the design intact.  This seemed to be the best approach, as I knew I'd never be able to duplicate the design a second time.)
  • Allow to set.
  • Paint snowflake white.
  • Attach bow and hang!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...