I don't really use a specific recipe while making soup, but tried to pay attention as I was tossing ingredients into the pot.
Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 whole chicken
- 3-4 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 3 stalks celery, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- handful peppercorns
- thyme (1 t or more to taste)
- oregano (1 t or more to taste)
- salt and pepper (I put whole peppercorns in a tea steeper)
OR just use canned chicken broth/stock if you prefer.
- shredded chicken that was cooked while making stock
- carrots, celery, and onion also cooked while making stock
- 1 pkg mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pkg cheese tortellini