Sunday, August 3, 2014

In My Lunchbox [A Gardener's Bento Box]

Well, it's that time of year again....school starts tomorrow.  I am determined to have an organized, stressless (ha) year and am taking some steps to help achieve that goal.  I've already mentioned my love of packing lunch  for the entire week on Sunday, and tonight was no exception. 

The beauty of this box was that I simply stepped out to the garden and everything else fell into place.  This week's Bento Box includes: cucumbers, a couple snap peas, hummus, and Indiana melon (not from my garden, but Indiana grown).


 
I also packed a small jar of Caprese salad with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.


As a sweet treat (hey, it's the first week of school isn't it?? Doesn't that deserve a little treat?) I packed 5 raspberries stuffed with a mini chocolate chip.


While I was busy in the kitchen I went ahead and packed these cute little containers with grapes and half a string cheese for a snack. 


Everything's ready to go not just for the morning, but for the entire week.  I have to admit....it's a pretty good feeling! 


Wishing all those that are heading back a wonderful school year!!

Happy New School Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...