Monday, August 25, 2014

From Garden to Table [Refrigerator Pickles]

I didn't originally plan on posting about these in the middle of "Ball Jar Love", but this morning I ate one for breakfast and my plan flew out the window.   (I enjoyed them along with some lamb and tiropita from this weekend's Greek Festival.  I know, I know....it's an odd little breakfast. It's called too busy to go to the grocery over the weekend.  I didn't even have milk, creamer, or even evaporated milk for this morning's coffee....but I digress....) They were pretty yummy, if I do say so myself.  And super easy to boot. 


Quick Refrigerator Pickles

Ingredients:
(For three large cucumbers)

1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
4 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup pickling/canning salt
1 T sugar
2 tablespoons of sugar 
pickling spice (approx. 2 t. / jar)
garlic cloves, peeled (I did 3-4 / jar)
lots of fresh dill 
onion, quartered
Directions: 
Combine cider vinegar, water, pickling salt and sugar in a large pan.  Bring to boil, making sure to stir occasionally. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Put dill, garlic, pickling spices, and onions in desired jars.
Add cucumbers.
Pour cider vinegar mixture over cucumbers.  Refrigerate 48 hours before enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...