Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Freezer Cooking [Marinades]

Between school, tennis, and the summer tennis program (which is still in session, even though I'm back at school), there's not much time left for cooking.  This post is a short and sweet little tip that I love.   Freeze your meat in a marinade.  Yep, that's it.  I buy my meat in bulk, mix up a huge batch of marinade, and pop it in the freezer.....pretty simple.

This week's meat was pork tenderloin.  I usually get a large one at Costco, but happened upon a couldn't pass up deal at Kroger.  I cut the huge tenderloin into four smaller ones (although probably could have done even more).....


and packaged for the freezer.

When the time comes, just pull it out of the freezer either the night before or the morning of so that it can defrost and marinate. Then all that's left to do is light the grill and make a salad or veggie. 

It didn't take any longer to package four than it does for one, and now I have one meal in the fridge ready for the week, and three in the freezer ready for later.  Perfect!

Happy "Cooking"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...