The best part about this recipe is that all ingredients are to taste. If you like carrots in yours, by all means throw them into the pan!
- 2 cups rice, leftover and cold
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame, steamed (or peas, if you prefer)
- 2 T peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken, pork, shrimp or beef, cooked (or you could use tofu, but Hubby wouldn't...)
- 1 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t fresh ginger, minced
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 t sesame oil
- Heat 1 T oil in large wok or skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour in eggs and allow to cook. Once set, remove from pan and cut into pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 T oil in same pan and heat over high heat. Add scallions and stir-fry for 1 min. Add remaining ingredients and cook for a few minutes until heated through. Return egg to pan and serve immediately.