Salted Caramel Mocha
- caramel syrup
- hot chocolate mix (we like the dark mix in this little hive)
- 1 T turbinado sugar
- 1 T sea salt
- whip cream, if desired
- Mix sugar and sea salt and set aside. (I store in a mason jar.)
- Make espresso (or you can use really strong coffee, but I promise it's better with espresso).
- While espresso is brewing pour milk into mason jar. Cover and shake until milk has doubled in size. Remove lid and heat in microwave for one minute.
- In bottom of coffee mug add caramel sauce and hot chocolate mix. We prefer 2 T of caramel and 1 T of hot chocolate mix, but use according to your personal taste.
- Pour hot espresso into mug. Stir to combine and dissolve the caramel sauce and hot chocolate mix.
- Add heated milk, top with froth.
- Garnish with whip cream and sugar and salt mixture.