Just to recap...how it works:
* Take a quick survey and fill out a wish list.
* Receive three items chosen for you in the most darling little box. (I'm a sucker for a pink bow!)
* Wear the pieces as much as you'd like!!
* You can choose to simply borrow, buy, or swap. Once you're ready, package the items back up and ship back (for free) or keep the pieces you want.
* Receive your new box and start the process all over again....as many times as you would like!! It's unlimited!
The sweet folks at Rocksbox have offered your first month free! Try out the service for absolutely nothing! Just enter the code MELISSAFBFF1 at checkout for your free month trial!
My latest box was even better than the last, including two necklaces from my wish list and a wrap bracelet.
This Perry Street Alice Necklace was my favorite. It is totally not something I would have picked up on my own, but found myself reaching for it over and over again. I love that I was able to try it out without any pressure to purchase. It certainly elevated the leggings and long cardigan / tunic look I've been rocking this winter.
The second necklace in my box was this SLATE Maya necklace in gold. I love the three layers and found it was easy to pair with a wide variety of outfits. It would be a great piece going into Spring and Summer, kind of soft and dainty.
The third piece in my box was again something I wouldn't have chosen for myself, and wasn't on my wishlist either. To be completely honest, when I pulled the Nakamol Beaded Leather Wrap Bracelet in Bronze & Silver out of the box I was initially disappointed. But, they may have converted me to a wrap bracelet enthusiast. I loved it paired with my gray sweaters and it was perfect for work, where I do a lot of writing.
All in all I would recommend the service. It's kind of like borrowing your favorite pieces from your girlfriends. There are some pros and cons, however, so here's a few from my experiences....
* All pieces are designer items. (Each box usually averages around $200).
* Should you fall in love with a piece and just don't want to part with it, you can make it yours at a discounted price, and $10 of your subscription fee goes towards the purchase.
* Swap boxes and it's like a whole new wardrobe....and you can do this as often as you like.
* The biggest pro for me is that I'm able to try new styles without having to commit to purchasing them. It allows me to step outside my comfort zone and try new things without any risk. If I don't like it, I send it back. In addition, if I think I like something, but get it home and discover it doesn't go with the items in my closet, then no worries.
* The pieces are used, although each piece is cleaned and inspected before being shipped. It doesn't bother me, but if you only like things straight out of the box, this service might not be for you.
* It's hard to wait for your next box. I've found the shipping back and forth takes a few days, and although that seems reasonable, it doesn't make it any easier ;).
* I'm not listing this in either category, because I think deciding which it fits into will be an individual choice. Pieces in your box might not be on your wish list. I've been lucky to receive items from my list, but I've also received a few items that weren't on it....I've really liked some and one was a bust. But to me, that's ok. I appreciate that some of the things they're choosing for me are a bit out of the norm for me. I need a little push out of my box....
Whew, I wasn't intending for this post to be quite so long...if you're still with me, thanks for sticking around. Don't forget you can use the code MELISSAFBFF1 for a free month of Rocksbox yourself. Let me know if you sign up....I'd love a peek at your wishlist!
*Affiliate links included in this post. Thank you for supporting The Happy Little Hive.