So, as snow was predicted the other night, I set out a big bowl to collect it as it fell, and surprised Hubby with a little snow ice cream. Although he's been sidelined lately and kind of forced to stay in instead of playing, we still enjoyed a special little treat, which softened the blow.
It only requires a couple ingredients and would be especially fun with little ones.
Snow Ice Cream
- snow (set out a big bowl to collect fresh, clean snow)
- 3-4 sweetened condensed milk, or to taste
- sprinkles, if desired...but don't sprinkles make things even better?
- Collect snow
- Mix sweetened condensed milk into snow
- Serve immediately -- you'll have snowman soup pretty quickly!
I whipped up a little homemade vanilla coffee creamer with the leftover sweetened condensed milk.
Happy Snow Day!