Thursday, October 9, 2014

Zinnia Love

The other day I mentioned my sentimental love of zinnias in passing, and since then I've had a couple questions about it.  So.....here's the story.....


When Hubby and I were dating we planted a rather large vegetable garden at his house. I had purchased several packets of zinnia seeds with plans to plant throughout the garden.  Now, if you know me in real life you know there are never enough hours in the day, and won't be surprised to hear they never got planted.  At least by me.  Hubby made a couple comments about them in terms of it being too late to get them in ground, etc., but it was all a secret plan.  Suddenly, they started popping up all over.  He planted them for me. 

I loved and enjoyed them all summer, and a beautiful evening in late August, headed over to have dinner together.  Hubby had picked the zinnias, decorated the house with them, and used them to propose. 

I knew immediately I wanted to use them as our wedding flowers, despite all the florists telling me that they're not wedding flowers, that it wouldn't be appropriate, or that they flat wouldn't do it.  Everyone wanted to do hydrangeas and roses, but hey, a girl knows what a girl wants.  (And literally the month after the wedding, Martha Stewart used them in her Weddings magazine...ha!)  I was thrilled with how they turned out, and would do it the same all over again. 

My handsome Daddy and me (and the flower cones at the end of the pews).....
.....the altar flowers.....
....the bouquet....
....and my very favorite, the wreath....
Sorry for the gratuitous picture of me....
it was the only one I could find with the wreath.
Happy Zinnia Love!



3 comments:

  1. What a sweet story. I love them. And, agree...it is your big day...a girl should get what she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers and your dress. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dress was my mom's, I just changed the neckline and shortened the sleeve. She would have been thrilled that I wore it :).

      Delete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...