Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What's for Dinner [Creole Butter Injected Chicken]

When I spied an injector in the clearance aisle at the grocery, I quickly snatched it up. I had been wanting to try one, and for 99 cents I simply couldn't pass it up...even if it was a failure, I would only be out a buck.  Well, let me tell you, it was a success. It was juicy and flavorful.  I got Hubby to not only eat chicken (not his favorite) but also agree to make it again!  Score!



Creole Butter Injected Chicken

Ingredients:
  • Half stick butter, melted
  • 1 T Creole seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning)
  • 1 whole chicken

Directions:
  • Mix melted butter and seasoning.  Fill injector  (not the exact one I have, but very similar) and inject mixture into chicken, focusing on the white meat.
  • Pour remaining mixture over top of bird and rub to coat entirely.
  • Allow to marinate a couple hours before grilling.
  • Grill over indirect heat.  (Ours took about an hour)
*I apologize for the horrible picture....we were so excited to dig in I nearly forgot to take them at all.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...