Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Style [China Obsession]

I have a problem.  I completely confess that it is a problem.  A true love.  Really.  It drives Hubby crazy, but I love china.  Dishes, serving pieces, everything.  I spent forever choosing an every day pattern, and finally fell in love with Pillivuyt's Queen Anne.  I. love. it.  Truly.

via William-Sonoma


It is lovely (I think) and goes with everything.  For everyday we use Portmeirion Botanic Garden serving pieces. 


Botanic Garden Design © Portmeirion Potteries Ltd.
via Essentially England


For Easter I've been playing around with a few different spring patterns to complement the Queen Anne. 

The tablecloth is too short, but I can't help but love the pink.
Will find a longer one to actually use for Easter.

My favorite are these sweet little bird plates.


My mama originally gifted these to my grandmother years ago, who recently gifted them to me.  They are so perfectly spring.


The other options are these darling Easter egg plates, which sweet friend C gifted me for my birthday.


I'm loving the Portmeirion with the Queen Anne as well.  Also quintessential Spring.


Continuing with the bird theme, I added some pink blooms to my favorite Quimper egg cups and paired them with both a nest centerpiece and a bowl of pastel eggs.




Today I'm linking up with Share Your Style.  I've so enjoyed seeing the other style posts.  I'm anxious to see this week's edition.  Hop on over and check them out yourselves!

Uptown Acorn

Happy China Love!

4 comments:

  1. How about one of each on the white china, because the different decorative plates are so perfect for spring or Easter. I have the same issue with china; love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's exactly what I'm going to do....and not just because I don't have enough for that many place settings, either ;).

      Delete
  2. They are all wonderful and I especially love the cute bird plates. Thank you for joining the Share Your Style party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mix and match place settings are all beautiful, but I have to say those bird plates are about the sweetest things I've seen. I'm partial to anything "birdie"! thanks for joining in at SYS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...