Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (or cookies with Cream Cheese Icing)
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- cream cheese icing (either homemade or canned)
- In large mixing bowl, add cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. Beat until combined well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and press down slightly to flatten bottom of cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in 350 degree oven. (I lined cookie sheets with parchment paper.)
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Frost backside of cookie and attach a second cookie to make the Whoopie Pies. OR do as I did: frost and add red sprinkles.