Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Little Birthday Gathering and Aunt B's Shrimp Spread

Over the weekend we had a long, long overdue birthday celebration with dear friends D and S.  I worked a 13+ hour day for a tournament benefitting Riley Children's Hospital the day before, so it was a little simpler than I originally envisioned, but the point was we were together and were able to enjoy each others company (finally)!

We recently added Hubby's Grandmother's chest to our dining nook.  I love it, although am still trying to determine if this will be its permanent location.  (Please pretend you don't notice there are no candles in my grandmother's brass candlesticks....I forgot to pick some up, and the ones in my stash were too thin.)


A little birthday sign for our special guest.



We started the evening with champagne (thanks to Dear Friend D who rescued me after I forgot to buy it on Saturday -- no alcohol sales on Sundays in Indiana...) and my Aunt B's Shrimp Spread.  I hadn't made it in years, but it came together easily and can be made ahead of time. 



Unfortunately, we were having such a good time I forgot to snap some pics. I knew it was going to be a good night when I was dealt 3 jokers for the first hand of Contract Rummy :) ,  and it was.  It was a lovely evening with good friends.  Here's to many, many more years together!

Aunt B's Shrimp Spread

Ingredients:
  • 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 5 oz cans tiny shrimp
  • 1 T grated onion
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped, save one yolk for garnish
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 2 T mayonnaise
  • dash Worcestershire
Directions:
In food processor chop onion.  Add all remaining ingredients (save one yolk) and combine, adding cream cheese last.  Crumble one yolk on top of mixture and chill at least one hour before serving.  Serve with crackers.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...