We served along side baked cod and used a bit to drizzle over the fish, too.
Jacques Pepin's Greens with Quick Cream Dressing
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 t. red wine vinegar
- 8 cups loosely packed young Boston lettuce, washed and dried
- Put the cream, salt, and pepper in a salad bowl and whip for about 15 seconds, or just until frothy. Stir in the vinegar.
- Add lettuce, toss briefly, and serve immediately.
- Note: If it's too thick dilute with 1T of water before tossing with lettuce.