Unfortunately, like all the best (and Greek) recipes, I just kind of wing it, and don't have exact measurements. But I've determined that's why Papa's and Daddy's are so great....years of experience and that special touch. The measurements given are an approximation. Use what suits you and your taste best.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork (Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If I do I add more seasoning.)
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 T dried oregano
- 2 t. fresh mint, chopped
- 1-2 eggs
- 1-2 slices white bread, soaked in water and squeezed out
- 1 T worcestershire
- 1 T catsup
- salt and pepper to taste (I'm fairly generous with both)
- olive oil for frying
Directions (Here's my method)
- Mix all ingredients well (by hand in a big bowl is easiest).
- Using a scoop, distribute meatballs on to a half sheet pan. The more uniform the meatballs are in size, the easier they are to cook.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet.
- Once scooped, roll into tighter meatballs with hands.
- Roll into flour.
- Fry in oil.
- Remove to a different paper towel lined half sheet pan.
Happy Greek Cooking!