Tuesday, June 9, 2015

North End BBQ and Moonshine

Working in a school, we never rarely have time to have a nice lunch out with the girls.  Well, we did just that yesterday at The The North End BBQ and Moonshine.  I think I should preface this post with the explanation that my mama was from Memphis....I'm a little picky about my bbq, but this place was good!  It's just a hop, skip, and a jump away from my house and I've been hearing rave reviews, but somehow had yet to visit.  I'm sure it won't be long until my next visit.



I ordered the Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich, dressed with Carolina gold and slaw along with greens and Hoppin' John. 


Although I usually love Hoppin' John I belatedly realized I should have instead ordered the hand cut fries with smoked bone marrow butter and jalapenos.  Sweet friend A tried to warn me, but I had my heart set on the black eyed peas....next time though it's the fries for sure, likely along side the rib sandwich.

Sweet friend A ordered the half slab of baby backs, cole slaw, and said fries.  She was kind enough to send her left over ribs home for Hubby who deemed them delicious.


Sweet friend C enjoyed the brisket sandwich, which was also a hit, but I wasn't quite together enough to snap a photo.  I'm anticipating another trip this summer....one which will entail a leisurely stroll to dinner (around the corner, remember?)....

via
...Moonshine punch (served in a mason jar...I totally would have ordered it had it not been in the middle of the day and having to return to tennis)....

via
....and definitely the pimento cheese with Johnny cakes and chow chow.

via
We've already planned our next ladies lunch out.  Summer is so nice!
Happy Lunching!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...