Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Ina's Fruit Salad with Limoncello

Happy Belated Independence Day!  I hope you and yours had a wonderful 4th and holiday weekend!  It seems the older I get, the more emotional and the more significant things become...grateful doesn't even begin to describe my feelings as an American.

But, I digress....really popping in today was all about sharing the delicious dessert recipe from the weekend!  There's not a recipe we've ever made from Ina that hasn't been delish! In an effort to eat a little healthier, we stunbled upon it while searching fruit desserts.  With that in mind, we did adapt it a bit and, honestly, I don't think we missed anything!  It will definitely be enjoyed again, likely soon when our blackberies begin to ripen!




Fruit Salad with Lemoncello
Adapted from Ina Garten

Ingredients
Lemon Yogurt Sauce:

  • 5 oz Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup lemon curd
  • 1 T honey
  • 1/4 t vanilla
Fruit:
  • 2 cups sliced strawberries
  • 1 cup raspberries
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 cup blackberries
  • 3 T lemon syrup
Lemon Syrup:
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup sugar
Directions
  • Mix all sauce ingredients and set aside.
  • Mix all fruit together and top with 3 T lemon syrup.
  • Lemon syrup: Mix lemon juice and sugar together.  Allow to sit, stirring frequently until dissolved and liquid.  (Took about 15 minutes.)
  • Serve fruit with a dollop of lemon yogurt.
My Notes:
  • Obviously, there isn't limoncello in this recipe.  For our purpose we needed a nonalcoholic alternative, hence the lemon syrup, which replaced, in equal amount, the limoncello.
  • Ina sprinkles her fruit with sugar.  We did omit this step.  Honestly, it was pretty sweet as is, so we would do so again in the future.  
  • Moving forward, I may omit or lessen the honey from the sauce.  The end result was pretty sweet.
  • I can only imagine this would be pretty terrific served over pound cake.  
Happy Cooking!






2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy. I love fresh fruit. It's funny, I was reading through your recipe looking for the word lemoncello and then saw your explanation. I'd love to try it both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how yummy the limoncello would be!! You can swap it out using the same measurements :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...