Friday, May 22, 2015

Five on Friday [5.22.15]

Happy Friday!!  I'm excited this morning.  For the last few years I've given a little bee talk to our third graders.  This year I have a little something special planned.  Our sweet neighbor was kind enough to set up an observation hive for me to take in to school.  I can't wait to see their reactions!  But before then, here's this week's Five on Friday:

ONE
Summer is almost here.  We just have a few more days.  (Woohoo!!) I made these little countdowns to celebrate. 



TWO
Our fifth graders have been working on their culminating project for International Baccalaureate.  Each group chose their own topic to research and present as well as perform some type of action to help.  My kiddos never cease to amaze me and were incredibly impressive.


This recycled table that another group built out of all recycled elements was amazing!


THREE
I shared our favorite recipe for marinated flank steak this week.  So simple, yet so yummy, and perfect for summer grilling.


FOUR
If you know me, you know that I'm foot phobic (yuck).  If you follow me on Instagram (Melissa_happylittlehive) you know that I still bit the bullet and shared a barefoot picture.  Anything that can help out a kiddo in need.  Share your own bare feet and tag #withoutshoes @toms and they will donate a pair of shoes to a child in need.


FIVE
Unless you've been living under a rock, this week was David Letterman's last show.  Hubby and I will catch up and watch it this weekend, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention our fellow Hoosier.  He has always been an advocate for our city and our state and for that I'm grateful.  I was lucky enough to see a taping of the show while in New York for the US Open.  I barely passed the quiz we had to take in order to get tickets. (I think mentioning that I'm from Indy a few times gave me more chances.  Ha.) 
Indianapolis Monthly - May 2015 - Goodbye Dave!

Today I'm linking up with the fabulous Friday ladies. 
As always, be sure to check out all the Friday goodness!
Hope y'all have wonderful weekends!!!

 April 
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...